The Sainsbury's 2015 School Games is a multi-sport event for the UK's elite athletes of school age. The Sainsbury's 2015 School Games seeks to create an inspirational and motivational setting that not only provides our elite young sports people with the opportunity to thrive and perform at the highest levels, but encourages more young people to take part and succeed in sport. The Sainsbury's 2015 School Games is a multi-sport event taking place on 3 — 6 September 2015 in Manchester.
- The competition re-enforces the experience of multi- sport events such as Commonwealth Games, Olympic and Paralympic Games complete with Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- Competition is planned to be held in twelve current and future Olympic and Paralympic sports: Fencing, Rugby 7s, Gymnastics, Hockey, Athletics, Cycling (Track), Judo, Swimming, Table Tennis, Volleyball and Wheelchair Basketball, Wheelchair Tennis.
- Around 1,500 of the nation's finest young sports stars are expected to attend.
The fencing event will take place at the USN Bolton Arena, Arena Approach, Horwich, Bolton BL6 6LB
The event will require sports specific volunteer performing the role of Sport Specific Volunteers during the competition.
12 Sport Specific Volunteers are required for each session, there will be one session on Friday 4th, two sessions on Saturday 5th and one session on Sunday 6th — details below.
12 Volunteers required*
12 Volunteers required*
|Friday 4th September||09:00—16:00|
|Saturday 5th September||08:00—13:30||13:00—18:30 (approx)|
* We would not expect one school / college / club to fulfil the full requirements for each session.
- Volunteers must be 14years or above at the time of the Games.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (ratio to be discussed).
- Training will be provided—general and role specific (date to be agreed).
- All volunteers will receive kit and accreditation— t-shirt and hoodie.
- Lunch will be provide during each session
Offers for Volunteering
We are keen to reward schools, colleges and sports club who are able to support us in recruiting courtside assistants. We are able to offer—
- Free tickets for Fencing sessions that the volunteers are not supporting
- Discounted tickets for family and friends for all sports
- Discounted tickets for the opening ceremony
- 1 poster (per volunteer)
- British Fencing t-shirts (limited)
- British Fencing Piste Assistant Manual (Group of 10 or more)
If you are interested, please fill in your details in the appropriate attached form and return it to by email or post to Kala Uka.
This is an great opportunity to add something to your CV or statement for university.